Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Yippee  (Read 1056 times)

Eeyore_mad

Yippee
« on: January 28, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »
I wasn't going to post until week one as I have been here before but I feel I need to post because I'm nearing the end of day 3 and feel great I've had urges don't get me wrong but they've not bovered me as much I've just though oh here we go again and moved on and at no point have I wanted to actually smoke or anything.  I think this is it, it feels different it still feels exciting and there was even a point today I realised a few hours had gone and I hadn't even thought about smoking at all :-) amazing.

Not sure if it's because apart from the blip sending me back again I should be entering week 2 tomorrow or my reading is finally setting in, but the thought of actually smoking again even just that oh what the hell isn't even happening.

And I've been stressed honestly who's idea was it to have the mil to live with us grrr enough said and yesterday was a black day I was so fed up I didn't even get off the sofa and the kids went school, hubby was home so I went back to bed I was soooo down, but I've decided to buy a sad lamp as I seem to be worse in winter and I hate the dark so worth a shot, but again at no point did I want to smoke..

I actually have one rolled on the kitchen work top shelving, as I decided I didn't have that 11am one due to no filters I threw them away but then panicked and decided to roll one just incase :-/ but it's still there and usually I'd have thought stuff it may as well smoke it, but in all honesty it hasn't tempted me at all I look at it and think nope :-) not today

Onwards and upwards we go

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
Re: Yippee
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:50:31 pm »
I'm all in for a yippee!!! Keep going!!!

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

TG

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 08:09:26 pm »
Sooooo pleased to read this. It probably help with getting straight back on the horse, so to speak. Use that blip to your advantage. Remember how it just made things worst last time. I found if i ever pounder on the idea to many times, I visualize what it would be like. The taste, the stench and the dirty feeling of it all. It works for me.

It generally takes a few run ups before with get it right. But those run ups, and mistakes or blips where our concentration goes, teach us. When those times happen again just think back, never act on a winn. Take those seconds to think about it.

Fantastic News!!!
Palm Springs commercial photography

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 08:46:48 pm »
Brilliant news that you have quit again and so quickly. Brilliant. 

May be see the GP and get your vitamin D level checked as my daughter has suffered from SAD but has found taking 2000IU Vitamin D3 has really helped her.

NOPE

Just keep quitting; just keep quitting.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 10:09:36 pm »
ATTAGIRL!!! :foundbeer:

Just keep that positive head on and remember, there isn't a situation out there which can be improved by smoking.  Crack on kiddo, it's looking good  8)
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 08:03:26 am »
Fantastic @Eeyore_mad !!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

You keep on keeping on dear girl, and with every crave you beat  :ninja: :ninja: things will become easier. And if all else fails you have my permission to take a mallet to your MIL.  ;)

All the best from me and may today be an easier day for you.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...