Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Five months has arrived.  (Read 3174 times)

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
Five months has arrived.
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:57:35 pm »
Me - Free and Healing for Five Months, 1 Hour and 47 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days and 23 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2296 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £770.21.

Wow, feeling really proud to have both metaphorically and physically given rude hand signals to the Nicotine Gremlin.  It still rears its ugly head from time to time and has been poking particularly in last week or so but not enough to worry me. It is more a case of, "Really, you are still trying to engage me?"

There is a lot of research now on how addiction plays out but I personally feel everyone reaches that one moment when you are ready, you have clarity of mind and you are willing to go for it; such as  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3401449/Could-jab-banish-bad-habits-Injection-gut-hormone-stops-cravings-help-drinkers-smokers-obese.html I was determined but I also was aware enough to love myself enough should I stop the quit.  Psychologically knowing it wouldn't be the end of the world helped.

This site has also been a God send so thanks guys for your pearls of wisdom and occasionally allowing me to vent and act like a fruit and nut case to.

kk :foundbeer: :foundbeer: kk :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:53:09 pm by Indigo Warrior »
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, Skiddaw, TG

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Five months has arrived.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:35:24 pm »
How lovely to read you have reached 5 months. :)  I hope you plan to reward yourself in some way, it is always important to do something to mark your achievements ;D

Sally

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »
Well done @Indigo Warrior, congratulations on five months.  Just keep on quitting and we'll soon be getting your suite in the Penthouse ready. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior

Debbie

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »
Well done you are doing so well. Like the look of that injection we can quit and stay slim at the same time, win, win. X

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 06:20:26 pm »
Blimey, @Indigo Warrior, it seems only a minute ago we were being introduced (as it were  :))) and here you are, ticking off FIVE WHOLE SPLENDIDLY SMOKE-FREE MONTHS already- how utterly fantastic is that??  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Next stop is Halfway House and then....well.....that increasingly wide & easy path to the Penthouse will be stretching before you in all its glory.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

For now, time to stop, sit down, put your feet up for a wee while, and just savour what you've achieved. Which is mega....  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Finally!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 06:26:28 pm »
Nice one indigo!!

It will soon be 5 years  ;)
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 07:37:58 pm »
How lovely to read you have reached 5 months. :)  I hope you plan to reward yourself in some way, it is always important to do something to mark your achievements ;D

I hadn't planned on but thank you for the prompt.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

TG

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »
Congratulations Indigo!!!!

Utterly fantastico  ;D ;D

Palm Springs commercial photography
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

AndrewG

• Cutting out The Silk
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 08:32:05 pm »
Wow the time flying by @ Well done and keep on keeping on !
"Some people believe quitting smoking is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
Last smoke 07/11/14 8pm

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 10:44:00 pm »
WOOHOO FOR LITTLE BLUE!!!
Time is really starting to flash by now, isn't it?!  You can almost taste that half year milestone now!  Yes, our foul enemy doesn't give up, he just bides his time, marshalls his strength and hopes to catch you at an unguarded moment.  At this stage of your quit you've pretty much got it wrapped up, what makes the difference from here on in is keeping your focus, not dropping your guard and being ready to respond to any ambush by the smelly little oik with ultimate force. 

Now what's all this about not having planned any treats, hmmm?  Rectify that asap hon, you've earned them!  And start planning what you want for your six month milestone, these achievements deserve major celebration and hey, we want to join in with you! :D
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw