Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: three weeks done  (Read 3024 times)

RichCdLion

three weeks done
« on: January 22, 2016, 10:40:03 am »
well done to @Debbie and @kirstiedee and again a huge thanks to all the encouragers. I posted the below four weeks in last year. I started again when I went thru a break up and just went out and bought some cheap cigars as a 'consolation'. then bought some more. then went back to 12 or so cigs a day. I think I'm telling myself now that 'smoking is not your friend'. It doesnt help, and in fact, makes things worse, particularly stress. The other day I was facing a tricky r'ship dilemma and my reflex was, 'I could do with smoking', but then thought deliberately about 'protecting my quit' and it passed.

week four and all's well - I think the advice that's always posted here is to take a day at a time, rejoice in the success and not let my guard down. I think the dangerous part for me is after the euphoria of successfully giving up for a while, thinking this is something I can pick up and put down.

Quit date: March 1 2016

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: three weeks done
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:54:14 am »
Gee everyone seems to be on the move :D  Just keep moving forward and you'll get there. Keep making the right decisions. :)

The following users thanked this post: RichCdLion

Debbie

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:22:42 am »
There you are. I thought you had gone and left me. Thats the right mindset to have fags arent our friends. Thats what im telling myself too. Well all 4 of us have made it to this room. Billy no mates Nick is on his own at the mo but soon all five of us will all be together in the month 1 room. Yah x

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:23 pm »
WAY TO GO, YOU DA MAN!!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Brilliant to see you still going strong mate and well done for facing down that stress trigger, that's a major step.  Our knee jerk reaction to pretty much everything has always been to reach for a smoke so there's a lot of those that can trip us up if we don't have our guard up.  You've just demonstrated that you have what it takes to make this stick so be proud, very proud of yourself - there are literally hundreds of thousands of smokers all around this country who would give anything to stand where you are right now.

Keep on keeping on - you're becoming a great example of your forum name, the heart of a lion indeed! 8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:07:21 pm by Kat73 »
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

TG

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 12:57:48 pm »
That it @RichCdLion, I sorry things in your life are not going well BUT cigarettes will do nothing for you but makes things worst. Addiction cares about one thing it's next fix NOT you!!

You don't want to smoke and the more times you deal with stress without smoking eventually it will become easier. You keep taking them small step, because they are starting to turn into really big ones  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
   Quit Date 04/04/2014

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 01:39:34 pm »
Morning @RichCdLion  ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like you have the right mindset this time to keep you forging ahead on your mighty charger with the Penthouse firmly in your sights. You're a star indeed and I have nothing but admiration for your strength and commitment.  :hug: :hug:

Well done dear @RichCdLion  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

And may your weekend be a truly splendid one.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 02:14:18 pm »
Well done Rich, most of us here had one or more practice runs.  You learnt something from that last quit, moved on and now almost one month smoke free and you didn't have "just one" to help cope with your dilemma. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Finally!

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 06:32:10 pm »
Good on ya mate.

Throw the snakes and ladders away and stay at the top of your game  :vader:
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)