Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Returned  (Read 2266 times)

Eeyore_mad

Returned
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:44:29 am »
EEEk Im here again but for the first time totally nicotine free no nicotine in any form Wohooo, won't lie this morning was hard felt like a swamp I was crawling through but I seem to be out the other side feel okay now had a shout had a cry and got the other side :-)  Nearly dinner no so halfway through already, another battle won.  Hubby was surprisingly supportive told him about you guys and think he's jealous haha, he even hoovered and got tidied a bit as I tend to focus on I have a messy house when i'm stressing lol.  So he took that away and it did help one less thing to feel overwhelmed by strange how little things help a lot :-0

Thank you again for the support @Lostie  came in and commented in day 2 at just the right time with the message that there is light at the end it will get easier. 
Onwards and upwards we go :-)

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Skiddaw, Sally, Indigo Warrior

TG

Re: Returned
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:33:29 pm »
Well done @Eeyore_mad every time you get through a crave you are getting stronger through this process. And at the end of the day, all nicotine will be gone from your system  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Eeyore_mad

Debbie

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 03:54:48 pm »
Well done keep going. Each day and battle won is a major achievement that you should be very proud of.
I personally think the physical side of quitting is the easy part, its the mind games that are a pain. So get that bit sorted and you will find it so much easier. X

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 04:02:17 pm »
Every time that nicotine demon rears its head just remind yourself how good it felt and how proud you felt when you ignored it the last time. Each time you knock it down, the stronger you are becoming. 

So proud that you are battling on.  Keep up the fight.  :vader: :vader:
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 05:20:11 pm »
Exactly what they all said @Eeyore_mad  ;D

And so pleased your OH is being supportive.  I bet he's proud as Punch of you.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 05:50:34 pm »
Well done, you must feel so pleased. 

As TG says, after today the nicotine has gone and Mr Nic will gradually get bored playing mind games with you and will bother you less and less.  Just keep going with the baby steps and the days will soon turn into a week. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 06:08:32 pm »
Thank you every-one today has been a struggle at times but in general I did okay never would have imagined i could go this long without a puff :-), ive heard after 3 days the nicotine is out of your body so pleased that's one part finished now for the physiological part lol, i still find myself going to have one or reach for one automatically then have to stop and think what to do instead. 

I think the cravings have been bearable I've had a few where I thought my throat was going to close in longing but I got through, kind of starting to see it as labour with the thought here comes another one just get through the next minute and you'll be able to breath again :-) although not going to get a bundle of soft joy after which is a shame. ::)

I think the main is the missing feeling that I'm finding the strangest its like you've forgotten to do something and quite distracting but I guess as i get used to not doing it eventually they will pass too.

Anyhow im off to have some dinner now and then soon bedtime and I will be moving into Day 4  :nobeer:

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, TG

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »

I think the main is the missing feeling that I'm finding the strangest its like you've forgotten to do something and quite distracting but I guess as i get used to not doing it eventually they will pass too.

Oh how I remmber that feeling--- you've described it to a T, @Eeyore_mad  :P. But you're quite right because it does pass away, almost without you noticing. Your brain will already be busy re-wiring itself and it won't be long before those feelings start to fade away.

For now, you're doing exactly what you should be doing and it's clearly paying dividends. An early night is a splendid plan  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

TG

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 07:18:54 pm »
What @Skiddaw said  :) @Eeyore_mad you're doing fantastically well  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

The missing something is a stage, it is exactly like grieving. I wrote this awhile ago which may help you.

Five stages of quitting

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 01:59:50 am »
Attagirl!  :foundbeer:

The first three are without doubt the very toughest and you've come through them and out the other side - WOOHOO!!!

You've made serious inroads in fighting the physical tug, now it's time to start deconstructing your psychological dependence on smoking.  I won't lie to you, it's going to take some time, but you CAN do this!  You CAN get to the point when a whole day has gone by and you get into bed at night and suddenly realise that the thought of having a cigarette hasn't occurred to you ALL DAY!  And each day you press on through brings you closer to that wonderful day so just you keep on keeping on, you really are WINNING! 8)
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13