Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Complete  (Read 3144 times)

Eeyore_mad

Complete
« on: January 16, 2016, 07:37:24 pm »
Day 2 completed had a few strong urges but again held firm with the no don't want to be a smoker but all in all wasn't too bad a day so maybe the champix is helping a bit even though it didn't put me off smoking it seems to be making cravings less :-)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, Indigo Warrior

TG

Re: Complete
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 08:10:14 pm »
Congratulations!!! Well done @Eeyore_mad now you are starting to take strides into your quit, so pleased for you. Now you have seen that you can live without cigarettes and you are strong enough to do this.
Champix is probably helping you but having your mind in the right place will be helping you too.

Just keep on remembering weather it is a hard day or not You don't want to be a smoker!!

Palm Springs commercial photography
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:16:01 pm by TG »
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:40:22 pm »
You go. Well done.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Debbie

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »
Brilliant news. See you can do it was just fear. Each day it does get easier. Once you have encountered a trigger and beaten it, next time it happens you wont even notice it x

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 09:46:30 pm »
I think that's the biggest lesson I've learnt and the hardest even though it's screamed all over here is there is no such thing as just one and I don't want to be a smoker,  yes I do want that odd one but I don't want the 100000 after and I've realised no matter how much a try I can't just have my cake and eat it so to speak so now I'm just saying no at last lol X

The following users thanked this post: TG

TG

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 10:20:16 pm »
And that is awesome to hear @Eeyore_mad that is exactly what I think whenever I have a thought. The one seems so appealing but one is a myth! So how matter how hard it is, you want this and have to go through this to get to where you want to be. We promise you that it does get better xx
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Sally

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 09:47:09 am »
Well done Eeyore.  Hope you have a good day today.  I agree with everybody here, it has to be NOPE!
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 09:55:33 am »
It will get easier believe me. You are doing great just hang in there. :)

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 11:03:03 am »
It will get easier believe me. You are doing great just hang in there. :)

Thank you I need to hear that today, woke up to really bad cravings and spent an hour crying and thinking I can't do this, I feel so tightly coiled I just want release :-(

That's what I try to keep telling myself keep going it will get better, but when your in the grips of the demon voice god its hard to remember that and believe it.

xxx

Sally

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 11:14:49 am »
I remember a Sunday morning in tears.  This bit is hard but it's going to get so much better.  I honestly thought I enjoyed smoking but its so much easier and less stressful not smoking.  Life with its ups and downs carries on, but you don't have all that horrible cigarette related stuff to worry about.  Be kind to yourself and make sure you plan a reward even if it's only something small for each little milestone.  xxx
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 11:20:17 am »
@Eeyore_mad ... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I really struggled with weekends at first. I know it seems impossible to imagine but @Sally is spot-on in saying that it does get easier. I'll bet you'll never have such a difficult Sunday morning again.

Do whatever you need to do to distract yourself- clean the house, clean the dog ( ;D)), dig the garden, go for a walk in the snow- and if it gets too bad just post and post again and we shall all be here for you.  :)

I hope that by the time you read this the worst of it will have passed. May the rest of the day be a positive doddle....
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...