Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Mixed feeling  (Read 5721 times)

Eeyore_mad

Mixed feeling
« on: January 15, 2016, 09:46:34 am »
Well today is going weird I woke with a sense of excitement that the battle is finally over I'm going to do this for some reason cravings are very strong today maybe as it's sort of day 3 had it not been for slip up yesterday :-/
I'm sat here still resolved with the Nope very strong,  feeling elated to be finally on the road and yet very teary  at the same time.

Think it's going to be a emotional day today :-/

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
Re: Mixed feeling
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:51:15 am »
Sometimes you do just get that feeling that today is going to be the day. So go for it!!! Maybe buy a lottery ticket too.

What are your reasons for quitting @Eeyore_mad ?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 09:51:40 am »
I remember the anger I felt but had forgotten about the tears ;D Little steps and you will get there :hug:

Malvin P Lawnmowerpants

• Breadbin
  • Hatstand
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:26 am »
We're all with you @Eeyore_mad  :hug:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't climb a ladder with a bell in both hands...

Quit date: 01/10/2014
Smoked for 22 years sadly...

TG

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 10:04:52 am »
@Eeyore_mad we are here for you, whatever you need.

We have to go through a bereavement process when quitting it will get emotional you will go through anger, sadness. There will definitely feel like there is something missing for awhile. It will not be forever, Tha I can assure you. In the meantime use us as and when you need xxx
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 10:12:38 am »
Sorry had to get some toast and peanut butter :-) feel better now i'm munching haha

The reason I want to quit :-/ mmm there is quite a few but I suppose the main 2 are my health and my kids, I want to be here to see them grow up as long as i can and that cigarette is taking time away from them both now and will in my future so he needs to go :-)

I Just wish in a sense i could go crawl away today, don't want to play with life today lol  but I also feel stronger in the fact that i'm not wallowing when i get really bad i just have the thought " Oh just get on with it onwards and upwards time will heal"

I think it's finally sunk in if i want to be a non smoker i have to get on with it and not just have one or do it tomorrow and all the other excuses i can find in my mind.

Max414

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 10:18:08 am »
When the cravings feel really bad,think of it this way-that's Nicdemon getting desperate and far from having the easy ride that he has often enjoyed he begins to feel one of his disciples starting to slip away  :P to counter this,he will throw the kitchen sink at you and try every way he can to lure you back >> and so these strong cravings are in fact a sign of you wrestling victory from that piece of crap !!!!! ;D
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Titch

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 10:24:44 am »
Mmmmm.... peanut butter on toast. 

Eeyore you are stronger than the nicodemon and every time you get through a crave it is one step closer to a life of clean lungs, and fresh air.

If needs be take it one minute at a time and if munching peanut butter on toast helps then you keep munching. 

After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 11:52:28 am »
Think about getting your children to make you a star chart; they can give you a star for each day you do. Your children's pride will keep you doing.

The following users thanked this post: Sally

Sally

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 01:16:08 pm »
Hope today is being kind to you.  One of my friends has peanut butter & chocolate spread on toast! 

I too felt like part of me was missing, the first weekend I was all proud of myself but by the time I'd got to my second weekend I was in tears.  I found weekdays and being out at work easier to cope with.  I know you won't believe it now but it does get better.  If it helps don't think of it as forever, you aren't smoking for an hour or a day whatever seems manageable. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 01:51:58 pm »
You can do it. We believe in you and now you can believe in you.

Can't have peanut stuff in the house. :(
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 02:43:27 pm »
I found the weekends hardest to deal with at first too, @Eeyore_mad , but you WILL come through this, I promise. Every second, every minute that passes is a second, a minute, an hour nearer the point where you won't find it difficult not to smoke at all (what our @Max414 calls the 'Sunlit Uplands'). You just have to do one thing- keep putting one foot in front of the other.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

(Oh- and eat peanut butter on toast of course. That's the other thing.   ;D))
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 06:52:31 pm »
Phew I've made it :-)

I had the doctors tonight for my no smoking nurse and I have to pass 3 separate shops to get there, well before I left I decided I may get some as Hubby is off martial Arts and today has been a hard one with urges and I want to relax.....yet inside I knew I didnt want to have one and give in.

Yet i took my purse as i couldn't rest and spent the whole time travelling there and back having a conversation with my head with the random thoughts of just one won't hurt, leave them in the car then you won't be tempted, you've done well you deserve to have one and relax and baby steps etc etc etc and I was tempted very tempted but my want to NOT be a smoker won out and I feel so proud my head is soooo persuasive always has got me into trouble I think this is the first war I have ever won  :vader:

I came in beaming and soo very happy I made it I won to tell my hubby and get the response "Oh you're back didnt think i would get martial arts, see you later" quick kiss on cheek and off he goes  :yawn:

So back to my original opinion that he is an arse, honestly these no smokers don't understand at all and i'm going to make sure i'm eating his favourite dessert when he gets home and let him blinking resist or undo all that training haha  :D

Anyhow really need to buckle down and get some work done not been very productive today luckily behind the scenes so noone notices and should still hit deadline for them just miss my own as usually im done by friday lunch 
Hope you all  have a great Friday night xxx

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 06:55:36 pm »
Yay!!! One battle down  :vader: and you're one step closer to winning the war!!

TG

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 07:14:59 pm »
Well done @Eeyore_mad that is a big moment right there!! Whatever is being said in your head remember that you keep coming back to quit again, that voice isn't you but you have to stave that voice in your head. If you keep feeding him little bits here and there he will start to get stronger again (and that is exactly what he wants) because you will be cancelling out all your hard work and basically going around in circles but not actually getting anywhere.

He is having a toddler strop at the moment, and as mothers you know that we cannot give into them.

Proud of you xxx
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.