Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Im here, just  (Read 3347 times)

Debbie

Im here, just
« on: April 05, 2015, 09:41:53 am »
Well this last week has got to be the hardest week ever in my quit history. Normally I would of thought sod it by now but Im battling to stay quit. Im not too bad during the day its the morning and evening. I have cut the Champix down to 0.5mg as the last two nights I have had really bad vivid dreams.
Also in previous quits I sailed thru the first 6 weeks or so no problems. This time its different. Taking a day at a time, thats all I can do.
xxxxx

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Im here, just
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 09:52:59 am »
Well done for hanging on in there Debbie, and a big fat welcome from me to the new room. You are to be congratulated for your tenacity and determination against the odds. Flipping fantastic!!  ;D :D :)

I'm sorry this quit is proving to be such a struggle but perhaps, unlike last time, you're going to get the nasty part over early on rather than encountering it later when your guard is down (so it could be a blessing in disguise however pants it feels right now...) In the meantime, I hope you will celebrate your amazing and well-deserved success with some Easter chocolate and other suitably calorie-packed goodies. You deserve a wee break... ;) xx
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

TG

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 10:37:05 am »
Debbie!! Congratulations firstly on getting into week four, amazing achievement  ;D

In terms of your quit, hang in there mate. Turn that sod it to a sod you! I will not be told what to do and I will not be owned by a plant anymore! If you ignore the voices they will quieten down, feed it and they will only get stronger. Here is a (((hug))) from me  ;) xxx
   Quit Date 04/04/2014

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 11:08:51 am »
Debbie maybe this quit is different for a reason.  You're going great guns, just hang in there and congrats

Netty

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 03:43:16 pm »
Deb really sorry you are having a bad time at the moment, I found I would be okish for weeks then have a really bad one, I wish  I could swap places with you, so you could see there is light at the end of the tunnel, and how it is all worth it in the end, please be strong.
It does seem never ending at times, just try to distract yourself with what ever it takes, and each hard time you get through will make the addiction weaker , i promise x
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:58:08 pm by Netty »
Quit 1.8.2012
Smoked for 36 years

Kat73

• Administrator
Im here, just
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:00:43 pm »
Hey DD, sorry I haven't been around recently, lots of visitors and limited conscious periods!

You've obviously been having a really rough patch, how are things now?  Let us know how you're doing, big hug xxx
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 01:25:14 pm »
I agree with Skiddaw - get the rough bit over and hopefully them there will be nothing but smooth for you. Keep busy and distracted as much as possible. Keep your guard up with alcohol and triggers. If it gets tough then keep posting.

Don't let the dead plant bully you Deb, you are the stronger one. x
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Debbie

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »
Ah thanks guys. Been really busy. Spent a lovely day with my friend and our boys today and it has been a hard day. Im not enjoying this quit at all at the moment xx

Kat73

• Administrator
Im here, just
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 07:00:31 pm »
This may seem totally barmy but perhaps that's the magic ingredient you need to make your quit stick.  I know it sounds bonkers, but think about it.

If it's too enjoyable or easy for you to quit then your mind will be more susceptible to the smelly nothings that the stinky little oik whispers in your ear when he tries to get you back under his noxious yellow thumb - after all, if it's not too hard to stop, then you can always do it again at a later date, it's not the right time, there's too much going on, it'll be much easier after X is over, there's an R in the month, you spilt your cuppa this morning, etc, etc, etc.  None of them actually valid reasons on their own, but to a mind that hasn't had to battle, full throttle for every single minute of freedom these thoughts may be able to take hold more easily than they would if you had fought tooth and nail to get to where you are.

If there's any chance that that may be true then I'm glad it's foul right now - but only because I want to see you free of this vile addiction!

Tough it out sweetpea, we're all willing you on and I know you're a fighter, you CAN do this!

Big booby hug xxx
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

TG

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 09:56:46 pm »
Debbie my quit was the worst I EVER had, and I use the fact that is was to my advantage. Their was no way I was going through that again, no way!!

I promise you that no matter what type of quit you have weather it be good or bad, the end result will be the same. The taste of freedom is worth it! To not have to go through the ritual of where are my fags, my lighter, being stress because you can't have one where you are at that present time, cos it's so anti social nowadays. The smell, yellow fingers, yellow teeth, not having a holiday because you can't afford it!

DD you have got this xxxxxcx
   Quit Date 04/04/2014