Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 8951 times)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Here we go
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 06:44:27 pm »
Just popping my head around the door to say I'm still here @Eeyore_mad  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope this evening is a laid-back one. If it gets too much, try a hot bath and a manicure. It's really hard to smoke when doing either. And if all else fails an early night never goes amiss.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »
Thank you unfortunate I caved when my friend came as she smokes and did so like a chimney in her defence she is very worried about her mum. I'm very very peeved off at myself although my resolve was wayning after the tumble dryer decided to blow up with 3 wash loads still to go through :-( I held of with the decision I will get some when I get the kids hoping by then it would have worn off again and I could think nope, but alas she came early before picking the kids as she wanted private chats so I took one off her :-( :-(. Then when we had got the kids home I took another as I thought bugger it it's broke *^*sigh she left 20'minutes ago and I've been kicking myself since she left me one that I've just thrown down the toilet and I've now chopped loads and loads and loads of veg to nag on.  Hubby is off for the next 4 days so I've told him this is it he's in charge I need to do this come hell or high water and I will be moody and I will walk off and I will get fat but this has strangely reinforced the I don't want to smoke in me so back again to day one I go but with another lesson learnt don't invite friends on day 2 :-/

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 06:47:09 pm »
Ohh an manicure doesn't work I've bitten them all of in frustration over the last few day another thing to add to list ....grow nails back :-/

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »
But you've immediately climbed bsck on the horse @Eeyore_mad , and that takes a great deal of courage and committment. You won't be ambushed in the same way again and you'll be that much stronger.  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

You CAN do it and I truly believe you will. May the rest of the evening be free of craves and breaking household appliances and- in the words of Scarlett O' Hara- tomorrow is another day... :)  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 06:55:51 pm »
Thank you and yes I am defiantly back on the horse and tbh I think if I hadn't had such an easy temptation so close I'd  still be on it (at least I like to think I would)  and not have got off for a naughty but I did I just couldn't handle fighting anymore I got lazy, I'm not naturally lazy so I will get back on and I will reach galloping speed even if turn orange with eating to many raw carrots :-()

I've not got any more smoking friends due she is actually the only one the other one vapes and my others don't smoke so I should be okay now plus I'm not  planning on being social I'm ready for a fight I feel ready for a fight anyhow....just wish my head would join the rest of me and stop with the stupid thoughts honestly I thought my head was much more sensible than it's being :-/ I'm quite disappointed in it tbh :-)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

TG

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 07:01:44 pm »
It's another lesson learned @Eeyore_mad and it has probably made you even more determined. Having your hubby around is good and the weekend is nearly here so hopefully by next week you will have a few days under your belt  :D keep going, we are right there with you.
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:03 pm »
No! Be proud of yourself @Eeyore_mad ! It would have been SO easy to say 'bugger it- I've failed- no point in trying any more' and it could have been weeks or months before you started again. It's incredibly hard to get up after a stumble (especially when you've scraped your knees, laddered your tights snd feel like a fool for having tripped) and I hold my hat up to you- I really do...  :hug: :hug: :hug:

The following users thanked this post: TG, Eeyore_mad

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 08:00:37 pm »
Aww thank you, it's so nice to have a place to go where people understand and you guys rock and make me feel so much better and so much more positive I'm feeling better just see it as a blip and tomorrow is a new day no good sulking and making myself feel bad I lost this battle but I will win the next in learning all the time :-)

Debbie

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 08:14:31 pm »
I have done what you have done loads of time. You have the problem i had whereby you want to quit but would ideally take one pill go to bed and wake up and forget you ever smoked lol.
Wanting and doing it are poles apart. Just keep giving it a go it will click x

Finally!

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 08:15:43 pm »
No need to beat yourself up - we all failed at some point or other.

I can't even count the number of times I failed but if I hadn't tried at all - I'd never have 800+ days to my name today  8)
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

kirstiedee

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 08:11:09 pm »
@Eeyore_mad you must be proud of yourself for getting straight back on it. Most people have a blip and then think sod it I will smoke a whole pack.

I am glad you are feeling more positive and you live and learn, keep away from temptation early on!

Best of luck x

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
Thank you I'm actually sat here still smiling that ive done a whole day and still feeling like I can do this I can win :-)

The following users thanked this post: TG, Sally

Sally

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:57 pm »
It's amazing isn't it when you realise you've done a whole day.  If you have a difficult crave moment, just remember how pleased and proud of yourself you are right now. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

TG

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 09:39:16 pm »
Proud you should be @Eeyore_mad  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.