Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Here we go  (Read 8950 times)

Eeyore_mad

Here we go
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:50:57 am »
Eeeekkk day 2I know this will be a hard one as I'm working 9-6 today online and also have kids and a friends calling after school as she's having a hard time with a poorly mum (thank god for working from home no one can see me having coffee stops lol)

The hardest thing will be the excuse I think usually I do so much and then think I'll just go have a fag and it gives me the break from the screen.

I've done well this morning not been too bad at all I think it clicked in the night as I kept waking and thinking about it I decided yes i do want a cigarette even fancy one but I do not want to be a smoker and that's my thinking this morning every pang I haven't thought "Do I want one?" I've thought "Do I want to be a smoker" and the answer is a huge NO so that means I can't have one or I will be a full time smoker again and it helps instead of thinking just one I'm thinking this one will be a start of the never ending battle to give up and I'm sick of wanting to give up smoking time to just get on with it ...

Onwards and upwards

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, Skiddaw

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Here we go
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:00:20 am »
Great work on getting through your first day and great work on how positive you are sounding. :D

TG

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:05:10 am »
I nodded through that whole post @Eeyore_mad that is exactly what you need to say to yourself. It will never be one!! I hope today is kind to you, if you are working remember we are just a click away.

Also where you would of had a cigarette break, nothing is stopping you from getting up and just stretching your leg, go and grab a drink or something to eat. Just don't go where you would go to smoke. Triggers have power on you now but once you have done this thing a few times it will be easier.
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Debbie

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:07:20 am »
Thats the dunkirk spirit. Thats how i get thru the day, ' do you want to be a smoker' NO then you dont need the fag. Conversation over. Move on
 So keep those thoughts x

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 08:22:02 am »
Other things you could do in a 5 minute break from the screen;

Jumping jacks
Dance like noone's watching to one song
Singing
Clean the toilet
Running on the spot
Getting out your odd sock bag and playing snap
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Malvin P Lawnmowerpants, Eeyore_mad

Max414

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 11:18:21 am »
Eeyore,we swear you will break this torment eventually.
I distinctly remember the day,when I had about 2 hours where not once did I think about cigs. It was astounding I was cockahoop!!! :foundbeer:
Time is your friend,and time will heal this-but to get that soothing healing balm from time,you have to edge there one hour-one minute if necessary-at a time  ;)
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 11:56:16 am »
I'm working from home too @Eeyore_mad , so I will make sure you don't do anything sneaky when away from your laptop ( ;)))

Seriously, you're doing SO well  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:. Just keep telling yourself that all these triggers will pass and that once you've faced a trigger down it will NEVER be so difficult to do so again.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Titch

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 12:18:14 pm »
How you doing @Eeyore_mad  :hug: :hug:
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 12:23:29 pm »
Hi sorry keep meaning to update then do something else ;-) I'm hanging in by a thread but still hanging really hard today and going to put on a stone today alone but I keep going :-) work is manic today as loads to do so that's kinda good and as I'm not leaving as much my timer is showing lots of hours already so should get 90% done today instead of over the usual 2 days so only a small day needed tomorrow :-)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

TG

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 12:27:49 pm »
Brilliant @Eeyore_mad, hanging but a thread is as good as everything. I remember those days, but you keep going, and rewards are coming  ;D
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Titch

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:30 pm »
Well done Eeyore.  If that thread starts to dangle precariously then log on and see what we can do to help strengthen it.   Your doing brilliantly.  Keep going.  Its so worth it. xx
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

kirstiedee

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 12:57:13 pm »
Well done @Eeyore_mad I am working from home today too (sort of - supposed to be my day off but I can't help it).

You seem to have had that break through moment we all go through - I DO NOT WANT TO BE A SMOKER

And that means, for most of us, NOPE - we can't even have one, look at my failed quit after 6 months!

Keep up the good work, and keep busy and you will have another day under your belt. x

Kat73

• Administrator
Here we go
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 01:36:24 pm »
Bless you, it's one hell of a battle isn't it?  But you're handling it brilliantly!  As you say, if you keep the thought in your head that however much you want a cigarette you do NOT want to be a smoker that will help begin the reprogramming.  I found the mental reliance on smoking the hardest part of quitting, removing the smoker's wiring we have imposed on our brains to enable us to justify what we were doing takes time, but it CAN be done.  I don't know if you're much of a reader but lots of us have used one of the many quit smoking books that are out there as they really help with this aspect of quitting, maybe it might be worth considering?

Press on through hon, you ARE winning  :hug:
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Debbie

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 03:16:29 pm »
Doing well there. Just keep that brain busy. Do not let any thoughts pop into your head of smoking as they have a habit of growing. X

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 06:21:29 pm »
@Eeyore_mad you are winning this battle just by keeping us up to date on how well you are doing with all that is going on around you.  :hug: :hug: :hug: Here are some hugs for you from me to show my support.

As for the weight, one fight at a time. I stopped in August and I am now focusing on the weight gain as I feel much more in control of those demons. 

You can do it.  We are all here for you.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw