Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 2 of yet another quit...  (Read 5189 times)

psuedo

• too weak to succeed, to sick to fail !
Day 2 of yet another quit...
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:33:03 pm »
another quit....dont wanna think what number this is...its strange to see my previous post on day 2 on this forum...just...strange..

almost at the end of day two, its been pretty easy so far...

left the hospital sunday afternoon, with terribly damaged lungs from my asthma and a pain in the #@$$! lungs infection....so its not a big deal i've made it this far without any complains...

just a lot of cough, barely speak a sentence, phlegm, running nose...and over all feeling ****ty...

i wonder, if this time round....just my health condition would make this a successful quit ?
repeat offender, still trying to go cold turkey !

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw

Sally

Re: Day 2 of yet another quit...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:44:01 pm »
Welcome back Pseudo, sorry to hear you have been so poorly and wishing you a speedy recovery.
But well done for being on Day 2, we have a fantastic little group of New Year quitters so you're not alone and Molly is also Day 2 today.  Any problems just post and somebody will be along to help.

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 02:28:22 pm »
Sorry you're feeling so bad but welcome back :)  You've got company on this quit. Molly is on her 2nd day and there are a few just a little bit ahead. :D

You can do this, just believe in yourself and remember NOPE.

Titch

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 02:42:14 pm »
Hi Pseudo, Thats rubbish that you are feeling so pants today but look on the bright side you have got over the hurdle of day one.  Day two is a great place to be in.  Keep with us and soon those days will start adding up.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

TG

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:48:36 pm »
Firstly welcome back @pseudo  ;D

I'm sorry that your health is not very good at the moment but as you say this could be a blessing in disguise. @Debbie quit started because she was sick as well and she has nearly finish two whole weeks now.

As other's have said there are others quitting here around your date that will cheer you all the way and of course the rest of us will too! You can do this, I know you can, keep posting we are all here for you x
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 02:50:37 pm »
Welcome back @psuedo  - I'm so sorry you're under the weather  :hug: :hug: :hug: but it really is splendid to see you again. Also on the plus side, feeling as pants as you do currently you probably don't really want to smoke anyway (so it is an ill wind....)

You've picked a splendid time to return as there are indeed a band of stalwart quitters fighting their way through the first few difficult days and weeks  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: and you'll be a more-than worthy member of the band. I think this is going to be your year and, of course, we shall all be here to cheer you on and extend a helping hand as & when you need it.

I'm sending as many strong, healing, positive vibes your way as I possibly can dear @psuedo , along with best wishes for your very speedy recovery.  :hug: :hug: :) :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Molly 1970

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 03:03:48 pm »
Hey Pseudo,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you are feeling better very soon.  Sending hugs  :hug:

It may be that you won't really know how much of your feeling poorly is the infection and how much the quit over the next few days.   :nobeer:

Be kind to yourself and take things one day at a time.  I'm on day 2 as well so it's cool to know someone else is here with me  :hug: 

Onwards we go,  meet you on day three tomorrow (almost half the first week done then Pseudo)  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 05:38:15 pm »
Poor thing. Print off this post & stick it on your fridge with massive letters saying "I never want to feel this way again. Never going back."
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Debbie

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 06:11:50 pm »
Sorry your not a well bunny. Dont be worried about serial quitting im the worlds worst haha. Come on fella we can do this. Put your big boy pants on and smash this x

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, TG

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »
Firstly, I hope you get well quickly but conversely remember how horrid you are feeling as that is likely to be an incentive to keep you on the straight and narrow.

Whenever a quitter starts again it isn't because they failed, they were just practicing.  You just need to convince your mind that enough is enough and you are going to beat those nicotine gremlins into submission once and for all.

We're all here for you so anytime you feel you might crack pop on line and someone will help you stay on track.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

kirstiedee

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 10:25:05 pm »
Hi @psuedo sorry to hear that your are unwell, wishing you a speedy recovery.

It's great to have another member to add to our growing group of January quitters. We are team 2016!

It can be disheartening having attempted several quits but what matters is that you keep trying. I keep saying at least one day smoke free is better than none.

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

psuedo

• too weak to succeed, to sick to fail !
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 04:21:40 pm »
first of all lemme say, you guys are fantastic ! all of you !

TG, Skiddaw you two are rockstars in my book, how many quits have you welcomed me to by now ? :p

on a serious note, I've always been welcomed here....never felt judged especially for failing..and have had ppl give me sane advice or just share similar pains...

i have no idea how well this one is going to go, but you all need to know....the second i realised i need to quit, i thought of this place and got here.
repeat offender, still trying to go cold turkey !

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw

TG

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »
Bless you @psuedo you are always welcome here  :D just take this quit day by day once today it over there will be no nicotine in your body!!! Definitely something to celebrate.

Just try to embrace the craves, don't fight them, they will come anyway. Just think to yourself there is another crave I will never have to deal with again, your body is healing itself, so give yourself time to adjust x

Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »
Here, here.  ;D

...And rest assured that no matter what happens, no-one will ever judge you or find you wanting. Not that I don't know that you can do this thing because I do. So there with knobs on.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...